Would you like to participate in Open Studios Notts 2019?
- Read below what is involved (you can download this as a pdf document: OSN 2019 – Call for Artists).
- Complete & submit the Artist Registration Form and pay the £30 fee, by 8 JAN 2019)
Promoting the Open Studios Notts events is a collaborative effort by all the artists involved – to see what happened last year, how we did it and what it cost, you can download this pdf document: OSNotts 2018 Report – summary.
Michael Trueman, OSNotts co-ordinator
Peter Snowden, Registration enquiries
Artists and craftspeople are invited to join Open Studios Notts 2019, taking place in May and early June. This is the 8th year of this collaborative event.
Open Studios Notts’s aim is to widely promote Nottinghamshire artists and maker’s open studio events in a co-operative collaboration, creating opportunities during May/June for visitors to meet artists and to discover their work and practices.
Benefits to artists and makers
- Promotion – Your studio event will be strongly promoted across Nottinghamshire and beyond, to residents and visitors via brochures (over 20,000 print run), website, social media, traditional press and print media, radio and TV. Additionally, all participants actively cross-market each other’s activities.
- Exhibitions – Led by INSPIRE: Culture, Learning & Libraries, exhibitions in Beeston, Retford and Mansfield library galleries between 27th April and 6th June 2019, including a ‘Meet the Artist’ programme.
- Photography – A selection of participants will have professional photographs taken in their studios for their use and for features at the library exhibitions.
- Support – As part of a community of artists and craftspeople, you will receive advice and guidance from the organisers and other participants to help you make the most of your open studio event.
- Economic boost – Holding an open studio event under the umbrella and support of Open Studios Notts helps you to meet, at low cost, a new audience to support the economic viability of your creative business.
What is Open Studios Notts?
We are a ‘not for profit’ volunteer led umbrella organisation, with some support from INSPIRE and Nottingham City Council, with twin aims:-
- to create opportunities for visitors to meet artists and discover their work & practices.
- to encourage co-operation & collaboration amongst the broad community of Nottinghamshire and Nottingham artists.
Events taking place in May and early June 2019. Venues may take the form of:
- Working Studios – individual artists opening their studio spaces.
- Temporary workspaces in accessible venues – with small groups of artists demonstrating aspects of their practices.
- Larger group/festival events – may be a studio colony, a festival, etc.
- The artist’s fee for 2019 is £30.
- Fees are kept as low as possible and charged solely to cover material costs in promoting the artists events – specifically designing and printing over 20,000 copies of the brochure, website hosting costs & signage
TO JOIN IN, PLEASE:
- Complete & submit the artist registration form (at www.osnotts.co.uk).
- Include an image of your work (for use on promotional material).
- Pay the £30 artists fee.
- Form, image & fee to reach us by 8 Jan 2019 to guarantee inclusion
- It may be possible to accept late applications – an additional fee will be due of £10 per artist.
BEFORE COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION FORM, YOU WILL NEED:
- Dates and times you plan to be open. If you open as part of a group or studio trail, it has proved to be an advantage if you all open on the same days and times. Your local group leader will be able to supply the dates planned. If you are new to OSNotts, please contact one of the Local Area Contacts listed below for assistance.
Volunteer Local Area Contacts act as a contact point for artists in the areas:-
- for queries about OSNotts
- to encourage links between local artists, especially if they are new or isolated,
- putting people in touch and encouraging opening studios on the same dates or to create trails to maximise visitor potential;
- to act as a point of contact for organising local distribution of brochures and OSN banners and signs
The Local Area Contacts are:-